Here is a very nice tip sent to us by one of our reader, Arash (facepustok). It’s a Cydia tweak which would allow you to use Gevey SIM without dialing 112 number and you can turn your device off and on, take out the SIM, without worrying about dialing 112 every time. This is handy for those living in countries where 112 is illegal to dial without an emergency.
This works on all locked basebands to unlock iPhone 4, and on all Gevey SIMs. Current Gevey users can also install this tweak and get rid of the 112 trouble.
Anyways, here we go:
1. You need a jailbroken iPhone 4 and a Gevey SIM.
2. Remove your SIM Card with Gevey SIM from your iPhone 4.
3. Go to Cydia > Search and type in Mobile Subtrate. If you have it installed click on it and remove it. We don’t need this, so make sure to remove it before proceeding.
4. Go to Manage > Source > Edit > Add and type in: http://cydia.furiousMod.com
5. Once added go to Manage > Sources, and you will see FuriousMod.com. Tap on it and you’ll have FuriousMod, Install it.
6. Turn your iPhone 4 off and insert Your SIM with Gevey. You’re device should restart without full signal bars without dialing 112 or anything.
Warning: This apparently works only with Gevey ULTRA! So carefully follow the procedure!
This is pretty much it, give it a try and let us know. If at some point this fails, try to install Mobile Subtrate first and then install this tweak. Here is a video of it: