The not too tech savvy amongst us often rely on tools and utility applications to get our work done. Even when they aren’t the most polished, tools and utilities allow most average users to get the most out of their Android devices and are hence heavily relied upon. That’s why most HTC Sensation 4G and XE users will probably be immensely pleased with a new utility that essentially does everything one could possibly want to do.
Super Utility is a command prompt based tool kit which truly lives up to its name. The tool kit is useful for people who have a broken screen and hence need to restore to stock before getting it repaired and for users with volume keys that are broken and can’t use recovery properly as a result. Thanks to an XDA Senior Member kgs1992, this tool kit can accomplish a number of useful things:
- Reboot your device normally, or to bootloader or recovery.
- S-Off for Hboot ≤1.18 devices & Hboot 1.2x
- Installing 4EXT Recovery for all S-Off / HTC Dev Unlocked devices (You need to download
recovery.img attached below)
- Rooting for all devices (No custom recovery required)
- Write SuperCID or custom CID for all S-Off devices
- Install firmware for all S-Off devices
- Flash ZIP from recoveryfor all S-Off devices with custom recovery installed
- Flash PG58IMG.zip
- Flash boot.img (ie.Kernel & ramdisk) for HTC Dev unlocked/ S Off devices
- Flash ENG Hboot for devices that have S Off (The tool asks you to download 1.27 JB Hboot)
That’s a lot, and basically everything you could possibly want to do, pretty much and then some. For now, this is only for Windows users.
Here’s how you can use this utility on your HTC Sensation XE or 4G, straight from the developer. Excerpt taken from the original thread at XDA Developers Forum:
Step by step Instructions:
- Uninstall HTC Sync (only if you want to use this for S Off)
- Install HTC drivers from here and reboot your PC.
- Make sure you set HTC Sync as default mode with Ask Me Everytime disabled and Enable USB Debugging option.
(Default mode & ask me options are in Settings>Connect to PC. USB Debugging option is in Settings>Developer Options)
- NEVER use USB hubs or USB 3.0 ports!
- Disable your anti virus program when you run the tool
- Ensure that you have a battery level of atleast 60% before using this tool for S Off (Only required for S Off)
- Download and open the attached zip. Unzip it to any convenient location.
- Run “Menu.bat” file and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Please note that the menu you are presented with shows you the options & not the steps
- Please do not run the file as administrator.
Head over to the source thread for more information.