For the past three months, all of us have been waiting for this one release, untethered jailbreak for iPhone4S and iPad2. Pod2g, just hours back, has released the jailbreak through the Chronic Dev Team’s free Absinthe Mac tool that will jailbreak your iPhone 4S in a matter of minutes.
The jailbreak has only been released for Mac through the Absinthe tool which currently supports iOS 5.0 and iOS 5.0.1. The jailbreak process is very simple but make sure you follow the steps properly.
2. Save your SHSH blobs using TinyUmbrella app. This is a precautionary measure to ensure you can downgrade to your previous iOS firmware version if the jailbreak process goes wrong.
3. Create a backup of your iPhone 4S to either iTunes or iCloud incase you want to revert back to previous settings.
4. Connect your iPhone 4S to your Mac via a USB cable and open Absinthe
5. Click “Jailbreak” and that’s it. Your iPhone 4S should say “Restoring in Progress.” Make sure not to disconnect your 4S or quit Absinthe while this process is happening.
6. Once completed, you will be taken to your iPhone 4S’s Home screen. Find the newly-installed Absinthe icon and tap it. You’ll be taken to the Greenpois0n website and code will be run to trigger a reboot of youriPhone 4S. When you’ve successfully rebooted, the Absinthe icon will be replaced with the one and only Cydia.
If followed properly, you will have your iPhone 4S jailbroken by now. If you run into trouble, feel free to write it in the comments.
Stay tuned as the Absinthe for Windows is yet to be released. We will keep you posted on the latest developments.