Earlier we posted how to Root Google Nexus 4, by following few step, downloading few apps, software’s and drivers. But here is a good news for those who were curious how to root their device without any damage cause to their device. Thanks to the hard work and efforts of XDA-Developers forum member and recognized developer “mskip”, we now have a truly all-in-one Google Nexus 4 Toolkit. With this tool drivers will be installed automatically, even backup, flashing, mods, recovery and more. This tool can only be run on Windows OS for now, lets hope there is a a MAC OX X version of it.
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8 (32bit or 64bit).
- Internet connection.
- Google Nexus 4 Toolkit (Download)(Mirror).
- And of course Google Nexus 4
- First download the Nexus 4 tool kit on your PC probably on desktop for easy excess and then install it.
- Run Toolkit.exe (Run as Administrator), do not connect your device yet.
- Now, press ‘1’ to install the Nexus 4 drivers on your PC, you can see the step in screen shot too(if not installed yet).
- After it is done, reboot the device into fastboot mode. (by powering it off and then pressing and holding the volume-down and power buttons together).
- Once it’s in fastboot mode now connect the device to the PC via the USB cable, and you should see a serial number show up on the top-right corner of the window. This means the Toolkit has now detected the device and you are ready to proceed.
- Now you can Root your device by pressing ’4′.
You can use the whole menu, whatever you like to do with your device its simple and easy. Enjoy your New Rooted Google Nexus 4 its ready to be installed by your Favorite themes, apps, widgets and much more.!!!